Good morning, babes! Sometimes there is no better feeling than the one you get after working hard to clean, clear, and organize your surroundings. Refreshing your environment seriously refreshes your mind! On days when I feel my anxiety creeping in- attempting to make a horrid comeback- or feeling more depressed than usual, I find that cleaning my environment truly helps to both distract and ground me. I mean, how am I supposed to deal with all of that mental clutter if I can’t even keep my room livable? Having a clear, organized, and positive environment will influence your mind (whether or not you’ll always notice) in great ways. That’s not to say that tidying up the house will always help you get back on track. However, it doesn’t hurt to try. Why not test it out and possibly have wonderful results?
An easy checklist of cleaning and cleansing my space:
– Sweep, Swiffer, or vacuum the floor(s)
– Get rid of all that dust that is making your allergies hell for you
– Put dirty dishes (rinsed!) in the sink
– Do any loads of laundry you’ve been putting off
– Make your bed all comfy and cozy
– Put on some awesome music, open your windows a crack if the weather permits, and light your favorite scented candles/incense
– Disinfect anything you touch often
– Organize random crap into: donate, trash, recycle, keep out, or store away.
– Put away your clothes and shoes (ughh, I know!)
– Hang up something that makes you smile
– Clean your windows, yo.
– Organize remaining things you decided you want to keep in reach
Do you find cleaning your surroundings helps to bring you some clarity? Let me know if my checklist helped you or what you would add to it!